We sit together, we hack together & we build ourselves a new home on the web before we leave for the cookies. Getting yourselves a personal website was never so easy. So, get your gears, an email ID, and we’ll tell you how to cast the magic (no plastic cards required)!
- How do you see that working? Online presence is a requirement nowadays, and the social networking profiles don't quite scale up in terms of personalization & flexibility. We want the users to become the webmakers & get themselves a web-address to call "home".
- How will you deal with 5, 15, 50 participants? For 5 participants: we can all sit around a table & hack --- help each other by brainstorming & exchanging tips. For 15 participants: we will go on with step by step instructions & reach out to make sure no one falls behind. For 50 participants: we will create virtual sub-groups of makers, where quick-learners can help out their peers.
- How long within your session before someone else can teach this? A quick learner should be able to pick up the concept within an hour & be ready to teach the one next to him.
- What outcomes would you like to see after the session? Every participants will have a home page live at http://<participant>.github.io/ by the end of the session.
- What organisations or companies might be interested to participate in this session? This is primarily for the users with personal intent. The purpose of this session reaches far deeper than any commercial objective & addresses a much basic need for the web-natives.